Who REALLY holds the purse-strings in our supermarkets? Ubamarket finds out!
According to Facebook research 62% of parents believe their kids have more influence on their purchasing decisions than they had over their parents before them. Equally, 71% of parents believe their kids hold sway over how much they spend on products.
With Easter school holidays kicking off this weekend, families around the UK are hitting the supermarkets to stock up on extra supplies to keep the kids fuelled over the break. There’s no denying our trolleys get fuller and our receipts gets longer during this period and at Ubamarket HQ this got us thinking…. Just how much extra do we spend annually during the school holiday periods in comparison to our regular weekly shops? What are the most common extra holiday basket-fillers that get most of us every time?
There are many different influences that determine our in-store supermarket shopping behaviours and having the kids with us during the shop, and at home for longer periods of time, can have a big impact. The Ubamarket shopping app allows customers to:
- Be more mindful of what they actually need to buy with smart shopping lists
- Pick up the best holiday bargains with personalised daily offers
- Keep track of how much is being spent with scanning technology that tallies up your receipt as you go
- Check out without queuing with in-app payment and loyalty point tracking
To help us improve our app offering and raise awareness around how we can be better managing our school holiday shops we’re commission new research – ‘From Shopping List to Shopping Basket: How much more parents spend annually during school holidays’
Next week we’ll unveil…
- The average difference between how much we spend in our regularly weekly shop vs a school holiday shop
- The increase in frequency of our shops during school holidays
- How much we budget for school holiday shops vs how much we actually spend
- The time we spend instore during school holidays vs our weekly shop
- The most common items our kids sneak into our baskets
- Our nation’s most popular school holiday treat choices
Until then, stock up on your favourite eggs and hot cross buns for Easter weekend and don’t forget to pop in-store for the half price chocolate sales next week!