Ubamarket’s Retail Trends Report 2018
- 21.1 million people (41%) believe all payments will be done via mobile devices in the future – 53% among millennials
- Nearly half (48%, or 24.6 million people) hate using self-scan machines
- 32% of people pick an online or High Street retailer based on how easy it is to pay for items
- Over 10 million people (20%) will consciously avoid shops, restaurants, newsagents, cafés or bars that only accept cash
- 20% of UK adults say in-app payments are their favourite method of paying for items – rising to 34% among 18-34 year olds
The nationally representative body of data evaluates why consumers across the UK are turning away from time-consuming checkout queues in favour of rapid payment methods such as in-app.
To discover more around the key insights revealed in the Retail Trends Report 2018, or to speak to a member of the Ubamarket team please contact: